Bishop-Leonard House

Bishop Leonard House
Bishop-Leonard House

Around 1810 John Bishop built this two story, six bay double house at 35 Bishop Avenue. The interior was redesigned in 1938 by Mr. Leonard, the founder of Leonard’s Antiques. He installed refinished parts from other old houses during his ownership, thereby making it difficult to establish a pecise building date for the house.

At one time the house was owned by the Rumford Baking Powder Company and housed four families.