Caleb Abell House
The original foundation from the 17th Century is still intact beneath this house on 66 Greenwood Avenue which was rebuilt by Caleb Abell, a relative of the man who built the 8 Greenwood Avenue home. It was designed as a two story four bay dwelling with center chimney and an addition was added c. 1880. The first house at this location was built in 1643 and burned in 1676. In 1750 the second Abell House was built on top of the original foundation.
Supposedly King Philip dragged a chair out of this house and sat in front of it to watch the Ring of the Green burn in 1676.