Phanuel Bishop House
The house located today at 150 Greenwood Avenue is called the Phanuel Bishop House. It was built around 1760 as a two story, five bay Georgian on the foundation of the Reverend Newman House. Reverend Samuel Newman was the founder of the Newman Congregational Church and had his farm at this location of the Ring.
While most houses of this time period were built around a center chimney, this one has two end chimneys, which allowed for a large central hall and staircase.
During his life Phanuel Bishop was a member of the General Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and also served as a representative in the United States Congress.